Avast Antivirus is probably one of the most popular anti-virus programs, it has multiple shields which protect your device from many of the harmful viruses and from many websites by blocking entire websites if necessary.
So what if it is important for you to open that website but you now cannot because obviously Avast has completely blocked it. In such cases there is a way to disable Avast hence making one able to browse a website that was previously blocked.
If you do not know as to how you should disable Avast then, just keep following the steps that are mentioned below to disable avast:
Methods to Disable Avast:
We have listed some different methods on the basis of what you want do disable in Avast.
Disable All Shields of Avast
- First of all find Avast’s icon on the right side of the taskbar, once found right click on the icon which will then show you a list of options.
- In the options then search for ‘Avast Shield Control‘ and click on it.
- It will then show you 4 options stating ‘Disable for 10 minutes’ or ‘Disable for 1 hour’ or ‘Disable until computer restarts’ or ‘Disable permanently’.
- So what you will have to do is choose any one of them and then a dialogue box will appear asking you to confirm by clicking on Yes after that you will see that avast will be turned off.
- Then try opening the website that you wished to open in the first place.
Also Check: How to delete a YouTube channel on Android or PC
Disable Specific Shields of Avast-
Turning off all shields of Avast causes the computer to have no protection at all but by turning off only specific shields of avast, you can actually do what you wanted to do by also keeping some amount of protection.
- Open the main Avast UI and in it just go to Settings.
- After that you will be seeing ‘Components’. Click on it.
- Then you will be able to spot all the Shields in Avast Antivirus.
- You will have to simply select the shield that you wish to disable as they will be listed name wise and select whether you want to disable it for a-10 minutes, b- 1 hour, c- Until computer restarts or d-Disable permanently.
- And the respective shield will be disabled.
If both the above mentioned methods did not work for you then you can uninstall the Avast Antivirus by simply following the mentioned steps.
- Search for ‘Control Panel‘ in the Start Menu, and then find ‘Uninstall Programs‘ in there.
- After that find Avast Antivirus in the given list of programs that are installed on your computer.
Also Check: How to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error Guide
- Then uninstall the Antivirus by following the wizard.
- And then try opening the website or program that got restricted by Avast, this time it will definitely open.
These steps should help you to resolve the issue. If the article helped then comment below so that others can see, if it didn’t then tell us so that we can come back to you asap.