So you have been hit by one of the many famous in a bad manner errors named as Blue Screen of Death errors. What happens when you get this type of an error is that when your computer does not know what to do it basically shuts itself down risking all your data giving you this blue screen with some text on it stating either the name of the error or the code.
This error is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, this error has been reported by many users so you are not alone and we are here to help.
You must be wondering as to what is causing this error, to simply put the error states that your processor is creating problems with the cooperation from its cores and threads, and a thread is a task taken by cores and few cores can take many threads altogether. So the main problem present here is that a thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread or you can say that a core is waiting for a response from another core but those responses are not coming, hence, you get this Blue Screen of Death error.
In order to fix this simply follow the fix stated below.
Fix- Using System Restore
- First of all reboot your computer in Safe Mode since the computer is probably not working properly in Normal Mode and to do this reset the PC and hit F8 before the Windows Logo appears.
- So if you see the logo then you probably waited for too long and therefore you’ll have to restart and try again. Now you will have to restore your system to a previous state of windows. To do this open your Start Menu and find the Control Panel.
- In Control Panel under the System and Security tab choose the Backup and Restore option and restore your system to a previous state.
- Use the Windows Update and update your windows, and afterwards if and only if you are not already using the latest device driver you should install those as well.
- As drivers are what are basically used to get your devices such as your keyboard/mouse etc.
Also Check: How to disable Avast
- To interact with your computer, and though some misconfigured drivers can lead to having result in bad performance but bad drivers definitely result in blue screen of death errors such as CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.
These steps should have solved your issue. If it did then comment below so that the other users could see if not then tell us so that we can come back at you asap.